An always-on Anki review system.
Click the above image for a video demo.
To solve Anki review accumulation by making the cards available for review when its due using always-on display system. By extension addressing Human Memory, lack of thereof.
Using e-paper display attached to a raspberry pi and memory-hammer software.
- Supports basic cards with plain text.
- Review Anki Cards and set Ease Factor.
- When a card is due, it’s automatically displayed.
- Raspberry Pi Zero.
- 2.13inch Touch e-Paper HAT.
- Python 3.10.
- Anki Desktop with Anki Connect.
- Set up the Raspberry Pi Zero with the e-paper hat using Raspberry Pi OS(Headless is fine).
- Install the latest version of RPi.GPIO.
- Set up Anki Connect on the desktop with ANKICONNECT_BIND_ADDRESS.
- git clone https://github.com/abishekmuthian/memory-hammer.git
- pip3.10 install -r requirements.txt
- Edit the Config section of the memory_hammer.py with the IP address of your Anki Desktop and port for Anki Connect.
- python3.10 memory_hammer.py
Download the Decks using Get Decks
Select ‘All’ if you don’t want to select the decks individually
Select the deck for review using arrow buttons
Front-side of the card is displayed, Select show answer to show the back-side
Back-side of the card is displayed, Select the Ease Factor
- A: Again
- H: Hard
- G: Good
- E: Easy
If there are no due-cards available, It will be automatically retrieved and displayed
- If the display has ghosting effects, Refresh the screen using the refresh button on the left.
- Select the Home button to navigate to the Home screen.
Short-term project goals
- Improving the performance.
- Improving the stability.
- Adding more features through feedback.
Long-term project goals
- Make the project more accessible to non-technically inclined Anki users.
Achievement of those goals depends upon the support I receive from you.
If you think Memory Hammer is useful for you, Support the continuous development of Memory Hammer.
Built in Public
Memory Hammer is being built in public here - https://twitter.com/Abishek_Muthian/status/1521340206611574785 .
License for Memory Hammer
Memory Hammer, An always on Anki-review system.
Copyright (C) 2022 Abishek Muthian (www.memoryhammer.com).
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or #modify
it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public #License
along with this program. If not, see https://www.gnu.org/#licenses/.
License for libraries included within Memory Hammer
Licenses for libraries used in Memory Hammer are included within those library files.